Between crazy work schedules, family responsibilities, never-ending to do lists, daily errands, and household upkeep, it may seem impossible to find time to devote to being in yet another place at another time. Being involved does not have to be a full-time job or alienate working parents. Whether it’s an hour per semester or regular assistance, anything you can do is a positive thing!
We need parent, grandparent and guardian volunteers who can help the PTA better support our school and the staff. There are endless possibilities in ways you can help – you can help during the school day or on your own time. Volunteering doesn’t need to involve a huge time commitment!
Here are a few examples:
- Staff Appreciation: We always need parents who can donate their time or food/goods/etc., that we can use during our Staff Appreciation lunches and events
- Book Sale: Are you able to give up a few hours during the day to run our book sale? Maybe in the evening during a school event? We need volunteers to help run the cash register and help kids find books.
- Social Media: Are you a social media guru? We can always use help with our Facebook page. Or maybe you think it would be great if we could get something going on Instagram?
- Bake Sale: We’ll be holding a bake sale during the election this year. Are you a cookie expert? (or like to pretend you are?) We’ll need bakers who can help, and people to staff the table
- Translation: Do you speak another language? We can always use help translating materials that we send home with students or translating discussions during our monthly meetings
If you don’t have a specific project or program in mind, we are happy to just add you to our volunteer database. Once we are in need for volunteers for certain events and projects we will send out an e-mail and you can decide if it’s a good time for you to help out or if you rather wait for the next e-mail request.
If you are interested in volunteering or would like to be added to our volunteer database, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org