What Is It?
The Mini-Grant Program is a Glen Haven Elementary School PTA program that provides discretionary funds to enhance the educational experience at school. The funds are intended to cover innovative programming and initiatives not covered by existing budgets or dedicated funds.
Who Can Apply?
PTA members in the Glen Haven community can apply for a mini-grant to fund projects, materials, performances, field trips, etc. that support PTA goals. Family members, teachers, and Glen Haven staff members can all make a request. Please keep in mind the PTA Executive Board makes the final decision on all mini-grant requests and mini-grants are considered on a first-come first-serve basis.
When Can I Apply?
Applications can be submitted at any time during the school year prior to April 15 and will be considered on a rolling basis. Distribution of grants will occur in a timely fashion but no later than by the end of April.
Based on available funds.
How Do I Apply?
All interested applicants should print and fill out a Mini-Grant Request Form. The Glen Haven PTA Executive Board will vote to fund the application based on the application criteria. All teacher requests will be shared with the Principal prior to PTA Executive Board voting.
How Are Funds Distributed?
Funds will be distributed in-person by the PTA Treasurer. The PTA prefers to reimburse for funds and will require a receipt for mini-grant expenditures.
What Are The Requirements After Receiving Approval and Funding?
After funds are distributed, it is a requirement of the grant program to report back to the PTA board by June 1 of the academic year as to how funds were used, success and results of the initiative, as well as sharing any pictures or artifacts from the project. At the discretion of the board, additional documentation may be requested.
What are the Application Criteria?
- Linkage to PTA Goals
- Impact on the Glen Haven Community
- Does the project have all necessary external funding secured if applicable
- Future Funding needs
- Fair distribution of PTA funds throughout the community and school
The Glen Haven PTA enhances collaboration between families and the school in our culturally diverse community. By providing meaningful meetings, events, programs and learning experiences, we strengthen parental engagement and validate every child.
Glen Haven PTA Goals for 2020-2021
- Expand translation committee so that more translation services are available to membership
- Increase membership by 10%.
- Increase engagement of membership such that 40% of membership takes an active role in the PTA (volunteer, attend a meeting, etc.)
- Support increased parental understanding of what is happening in the classroom/virtual learning
- Increase diversity of PTA to more closely mirror diversity of school population
- Support strong relationships with teachers through ongoing outreach, communication and appreciation efforts
- Support and expand cultural and academic activities in support of all students
- Support and promote activities that build a sense of community within the school