After School Programs – Programs will begin when we return from Spring Break! Don’t forget to sign your child up!
Mondays: Basketball (PreK-5th)- 4/16-6/4
Tuesdays: Dance (K-2nd)- 4/3-6/5 (Street Jazz)
Wednesdays: Cooking (Decadent Desserts) or Remote Control Robotics Engineering (K-5th) – 4/4-5/23
Thursdays: Dance (3rd-5th)- 4/5-6/7 (Ballet/Lyrical)
Thursdays: Karate (1st-5th)- 4/19-6/7
Fridays: Outdoor Soccer (PreK-5th)- 4/20-6/1
Fridays: Fashion Design (K-5th)- 4/6-5/25
Free English Class – Free English Class will meet every Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. This class will focus on conversational English and Language skills. Please come and join us!
Help out the PTA – Box tops, Amazon Smile, Mable’s Labels, CertifiKid, eScrips, and Giant. Please see the link below to see more information on how YOU and these organizations can help the GHES PTA.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hni70rrfmunsxof/Copy of PTAFundraisingFlyer.pdf?dl=0
- 4/3 – Group/Club Picture Day – The pictures will begin promptly at 9:00am. Students in the following clubs/groups will be photographed: Green Eagles, Chorus, Principal Advisory Board, Drama, Safety Patrol, Peace Makers, Classroom Ambassadors, and Art Club.
- 4/3 – PTA Meeting – Please join us for pizza at 6:30pm. The meeting will begin at 7:00pm. Alphabest will provide childcare at 7:00pm.
- 4/4 – Drama Club Parent Meeting -7:30pm – 8:00pm.
A Look Ahead:
- 4/9 – Early Release Day
- 4/16 – Dine Out Fundraiser at Five Guys (Kensington)
- 4/19 – Report Card Distribution
- 4/21 – Sweep the Creek
- 4/27 – 2nd Cup of Coffee/Merienda/Parent Meeting/PBOM
- 4/27 – Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
- 4/23 – 4/27 Book Fair
- 4/26 – Spring Academic /STEM Fair Night
MCPS Kindergarten Orientation – The 2018 kindergarten orientation season kicks off on April 3 and will continue until May 26. Please see the link for more information.
Skher Brown and the Dancing Warriors Ensemble – On April 14 at 11am come see a free performance of Capoeira Angola, an Afro-Brasilian art form that draws from dance, martial arts, music, and stories of distant lands. This event will be held at Glenallan Elementary School (12520 Heurich Road, Wheaton, MD 20902) http://www.interactstory.com/wheaton
Mental Health and Wellness Forum -MCPS and MCCPTA are jointly organizing the first-ever mental health and wellness forum on Sunday, April 22, 2018 from 1:00pm – 5:00pm at Gaithersburg High School. See this link for online registration form for the conference: https://goo.gl/forms/ eHVPgj6erLeoXxSW2
Silver Spring Library –
Pajama Storytime (4/2 7:00pm – 7:30pm)
AARP Tax Aide for Low-to-Moderate Income Taxpayers (4/3 9:30am – 7:00pm)
Worms! A STEM Storytime (4/7 11:00am – 12:00pm)
Lego Weekend Play (4/7 12:30pm – 5:30pm; 4/8 1:00pm – 4:30pm)
Wheaton Library –
Pajama Storytime (4/2 6:30pm -7:00pm)
Homework Help (4/4 4:30pm – 6:00pm)
Me and You-kulele Singalong (4/5 4:00pm – 4:30pm)