Principal Selection Process Meeting – As you know, Principal Ennis is taking a new position with MCPS and will be leaving our school in June. The principal selection process has begun and as a part of that process the Office of School Support and Improvement will be holding a meeting on Monday, March 19 at 7:00pm. Eric Wilson (Director of OSSI) will meet with the GHES community to seek your input regarding the characteristics and qualities that you desire in the new GHES principal. Everyone is encouraged to attend, learn about the selection process, and share your thoughts.
Free English Class – Free English Class will meet every Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. This class will focus on conversational English and Language skills. Please come and join us!
Help out the PTA – Box tops, Amazon Smile, Mable’s Labels, CertifiKid, eScrips, and Giant. Please see the link below to see more information on how YOU and these organizations can help the GHES PTA.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hni70rrfmunsxof/Copy of PTAFundraisingFlyer.pdf?dl=0
- 3/19 – Principal Selection Process Meeting – Meet Dr. Wilson, Director of OSSI at 7:00pm to learn more of about selecting a principal for GHES and provide feedback.
- 3/19 – 3/23 – Spirit Week
3/19 – Pajama Day
3/20 – Sports Day
3/21 – Wacky Tacky Mismatched Clothes Day
3/22 – Glen Haven Spirit Day
3/23 –Career Day/ STEAM Day Dress up as your dream job
- 3/23 – Career Day/STEAM Day -Students will get to hear from different professionals in class from 9:15am -11:15am. Then from 1:15pm – 3:15pm students will engage in hands-on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) activities.
A Look Ahead:
- 3/26 – 4/2 – Spring Break
- 4/3 – PTA Meeting
- 4/4 – Drama Club Parent Meeting
- 4/9 – Early Release Day
- 4/16 – Dine Out Fundraiser at Five Guys (Kensington)
- 4/19 – Report Card Distribution
- 4/20 – 2nd Cup of Coffee/Merienda/Parent Meeting/PBOM
- 4/20 – Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
- 4/23 – 4/26 Book Fair
- 4/26 – Spring Academic /STEM Fair Night
March For Our Lives – On March 24, the kids and families of #MarchForOurLives will take to the streets of Washington, DC to demand that their lives and safety become a priority.
Skher Brown and the Dancing Warriors Ensemble – On April 14 at 11am come see a free performance of Capoeira Angola, an Afro-Brasilian art form that draws from dance, martial arts, music, and stories of distant lands. This event will be held at Glenallan Elementary School (12520 Heurich Road, Wheaton, MD 20902) http://www.interactstory.com/wheaton
Mental Health and Wellness Forum -MCPS and MCCPTA are jointly organizing the first-ever mental health and wellness forum on Sunday, April 22, 2018 from 1:00pm – 5:00pm at Gaithersburg High School. See this link for online registration form for the conference: https://goo.gl/forms/ eHVPgj6erLeoXxSW2
Silver Spring Library –
Wacky Wednesday -(Ongoing March Event)http://host.evanced.info/montgomerycountymd/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=137964
Read to a Dog – (3/20 7:00pm – 8:00pm)
AARP Tax Aide for Low-to-Moderate Income Taxpayers (3/20 9:30am – 7:00pm)
Lego Weekend Play (3/24 12:30pm – 5:30pm; 3/25 1:00pm – 4:30pm)
STEM SMART: Kitchen Chemistry (3/25 2:00pm – 4:00pm)
Wheaton Library –
Homework Help (3/19 4:30pm – 6:00pm)
Pajama Storytime (3/19 6:30pm -7:00pm)
Homework Help (3/21 4:30pm – 6:00pm)
Me and You-kulele Singalong (3/22 4:00pm – 4:30pm)