School Counseling Week – School Counseling Week is February 12th – 16th. Let’s celebrate all the hard work our counselor, Mrs. Willis, does for our school and community!
3rd and 4th grade “Let Your Love Glow” Fundraiser– 3rd and 4th grade is selling leis and glow items just in time for Valentine’s Day! Purchase them in the GHES Lobby in the morning on February 12th while supplies last!
Staff Appreciation Annual Chili Luncheon – For this year’s luncheon, the PTA is asking GHES families to donate their prize-winning chili. We need a couple more volunteers to donate a crockpot full of chili. Your chili will be judged by the teachers and staff of Glen Haven Elementary. There is a prize for the winning chili! Please contact Laura Ortiz for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240.234.2649. Also click on the link to sign up and volunteer for the luncheon. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c48aaa922a75-annual
Dr. Seuss Family Movie Night – Movie Night is next Friday, 2/23. Doors open at 6:30pm and the movie, Horton Hears a Who!, starts at 7:00pm! Concessions will be for sale! Wear your PJs and bring a blanket to sit on. This is NOT a drop off event. A parent or guardian must be present. Please consider volunteering to help with this event. Please see this link to sign up and volunteer to bake goods or help with concessions. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c48aaa922a75-drseuss
Spring Break Camp for Non-Girl Scouts -Please see the below link to a flyer regarding an outreach Spring Break camp for non-Girl Scouts. The camp will be held from Monday, March 26 through Thursday, March 29 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Transportation will be provided via bus from Arcola Elementary School. Full “camperships” are available to families who need it. Applications will be accepted starting this Monday, January 29. The link to register is below. If you have any questions please feel free to email Rebecca Willis, email@example.com.
Link to register- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cb_camp
Free English Class – Free English Class will this week on Thursday, February 15,2018. If you are interested in being a part of this free class please stop by the office to sign-up. The class will meet every Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. This class will focus on conversational English and Language skills. Please come and join us!
Glen Haven Yearbook – Glen Haven ES 2017-2018 Yearbooks are now on sale! Please see Ms. Rykoskey or Mrs. Vactor to purchase yours today. The cost is $22.00 and yearbook purchases can also be made online at https://classic-photo.mypaysimple.com/s/glen-haven-elementary-school
To order on line:
- Click the above link to go to school online ordering site.
- Select the Add to Cart Tab
- Enter number of yearbooks to be ordered using the + or – (it will default to 1 book)
- Enter Student Name and Teacher (Fields provided for 1 student name and teacher will be
required and there are 2 additional fields for a total of 3 students)
5.Enter Add to Cart when finished
6.Items will be added to cart and return to main screen
7.Click on the Shopping Cart in the top right hand corner to review order and checkout!
Help out the PTA – Box tops, Amazon Smile, Mable’s Labels, CertifiKid, eScrips, and Giant. Please see the link below to see more information on how YOU and these organizations can help the GHES PTA.
- 2/12 – Dine Out Nite at Panera – Please come out to Panera Bread at 11160 Veirs Mill Road at Wheaton Mall. From 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Panera will donate proceeds to GHES PTA. Thank you for your support!
- 2/14 – Class Valentine’s Day Party– Kindergarten Party begins at 1:20 pm. All other grades begin at 2:30pm. Please contact your child’s teacher or classroom parent to support the classroom celebration!
- 2/16 – 2nd Cup of Coffee/Merienda/Parent Meeting/PBOM – Ennis invites parents to school for a parent meeting and then into the classrooms to read to their child’s class (or another class that could use a reader). Please arrive at 8:45 for the meet and greet. Then everyone will head to the classrooms at 9:30 for a dance party and to read the book of the month. Interested in being a volunteer reader? Feel free to contact your child’s teacher or contact Mrs. Lucina at Jennifer_M_Lucina@mcpsmd.org
A Look Ahead:
- 2/19 – President’s Day- School and Offices Closed
- 2/22 – Staff Appreciation Annual Chili Luncheon for Teachers/Staff
- 2/23 – Movie Night
- 2/26 – 3/9 – Read-A-Thon
Elementary Language Immersion Programs – Applications to apply for Elementary Language Immersion Programs are now available.
Silver Spring Library –
Homework Help (2/15 4:00pm – 8:00pm)
Lego Weekend Play (2/17 12:30pm – 5:30pm; 2/18 1:00pm – 4:30pm)
National Museum Of Health and Medicine presents “The Human Body” (2/17 10:30am – 11:30am
Wheaton Library –
Homework Help (2/12 4:30pm – 6:00pm)
Pajama Storytime (For All Ages ; 2/12 6:30pm – 7:00pm)
We Love Our Library! (2/12-2/18 9:00am – 8:30pm)
Homework Help (2/14 4:30pm – 6:00pm) http://host.evanced.info/montgomerycountymd/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=135631
Welcome Lunar New Year Craft (2/15 9:00am – 8:30pm)
Me and You-kulele Singalong (2/15 4:00pm – 4:30pm)
Lunar New Year – Make a Lantern – (2/16 2:00pm – 3:00pm)