BOOK FAIR! BOOK FAIR! BOOK FAIR! – The Book Fair is this week at GHES in room 220! It will be open during the school day from 9:00am – 3:30pm on October 31. On November 1 and 2 the fair will be open from 9:00am – 5:00pm. For those out of town family & friends, the Online Book Fair is available from October 24 -November 7. If you would like to volunteer to help make this an awesome event, please check out the link below!
https://volunteer.scholastic.com/ – /experience/login/VWKIzVPnY
Fundraiser for GHES 3rd and 4th Grades – The GHES 3rd and 4th grades will be raffling off themed baskets to help raise money to attend Weather Day at Nationals Park! They need your help collecting items for the baskets. Below are the grade level themes:
Kindergarten – Crafter’s Dream (Crafting)
First Grade – Willy Wonka’s Candy Factory (Candy)
Second Grade – Bake Up Some Memories (Baking)
Third Grade – Take It Outside (Sports)
Fourth Grade – Family Night In (Game Night)
Fifth Grade – One Stop Party Shop (Celebrations Basket)
Please donate new items to your child’s teacher by Wednesday, November 8. Information about the raffle will be sent home on the same day. Thank you so much for your help and support!
International Night – International Night is November 16 from 6:30 to 8:30pm. We will be celebrating the diverse cultures and customs of our GHES community. We are asking for families to donate a dish for this event. If you would like to donate a dish, please click on the link to print a form. https://goo.gl/MPpYSH
Picture Day Update – You can still order your child’s photos! Please turn in your late order forms to Ms. Gibson via your child’s teacher. You can also order directly from www.Classic-Photo.com once they receive the Proof Sheet from the school (15 business days from picture day).
Glen Haven Yearbook – If you’re interested in pre-ordering a GHES year please see the link https://classic-photo.mypaysimple.com/s/glen-haven-elementary-school
Lunch/Recess Aide Substitutes – If you are occasionally free between 11:00am and 1:00pm and would like to support GHES please consider becoming a Lunch Hour Aide (LHA) Substitute. See the link for more details.
- 10/31 – 11/2 – Book Fair: At Room 220 on 10/31 from 9:00am – 3:30pm and 11/1 & 11/2 from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- 11/3 – 2nd Cup of Coffee/Merienda/Parent Meeting/PBOM – Dr. Ennis invites parents to school for a parent meeting and then into the classrooms to read to their child’s class (or another class that could use a reader). Please arrive at 8:45 for the meet and greet. Then everyone will head to the classrooms at 9:30 for a dance party and reading the book of the month. Interested in being a volunteer reader? Feel free to contact your child’s teacher or contact Mrs. Jen Lucina at Jennifer_M_Lucina@mcpsmd.org
- 11/3 – Take a Veteran to School – Please invite a veteran to GHES on 11/3. We will be honoring veterans at the parent meeting.
A Look Ahead:
- 11/7 – PTA Meeting
- 11/9 – Early Release Day
- 11/10 – Veteran’s Day and Early Release Day
- 11/16 – International Night
- 11/22 – Early Release Day
- 11/23 – 11/24 – Thanksgiving Holiday No School
- 11/29 – Picture Day Retakes
The MCPS Parent Academy – Save the date, Monday, October 30, for Effective Parent-Teacher Conference Workshop from 7:00 – 8:30pm at Richard Montgomery High School. See the link for more information and other FREE parenting workshops.
Flu Vaccine Clinic – The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services will conduct free injectable flu vaccine clinics on November 9 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. for children 18 and under at John F. Kennedy, Northwest, and Rockville high schools. These clinics will be open to any school-aged child. The clinics are free, but registration is required due to limited vaccine supplies. Please see the link for more information.
Silver Spring Library –
Homework Help (11/2 4:00 – 8:00pm) http://host.evanced.info/montgomerycountymd/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=121865
Citizenship Preparation Class (11/4 10:30am – 2:30pm) http://host.evanced.info/montgomerycountymd/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=128307
Lego Weekend Play (11/4 12:30 – 5:30pm; 11/5 1:00 – 4:30pm)
Down County Consortium – On Monday, November 6 at 7PM, come hear Down County parents and Cluster Coordinators testify on behalf of our school and all of the Einstein Cluster schools. The testimony will take place at the Board of Education at 850 Hungerford Drive, Rockville. Please come to show your support.
The Down County Consortium (our area) specific chapter is here: http://gis.mcpsmd.org/cipmasterpdfs/CIP19_Chap4_DCC.pdf