Learn more about bullying and the PBIS program at Glen Haven during our Dec. 6 PTA meeting! The Glen Haven PTA is excited to have Mr. Mike Muempfer speak to the Glen Haven community! Mr. Meumpfer is a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS) specialist for MCCPS, and will be speaking to us about both bullying and the PBIS program. Plan to come at 6:30 to enjoy pizza and social time with other parents and staff. Babysitting for school aged children will be available at 7pm.
Are you planning on taking advantage of any online deals during this holiday shopping season? Please think about helping the PTA while you shop!
Amazon Smile: Make your purchases through Amazon Smile and a percentage of what you buy will be donated to the PTA. You can still get your Prime Shipping.
Certifikid: Planning on giving an experience? Check out Certifikid. Use GHES at checkout for $5 off a purchase of $30, and the PTA receives $5.
eScrip: Sign up for eScrip and shop through their site – at stores you would normally shop at — and the PTA receives a percentage of your sale. eScrip also has it’s own deals that you can access.
Mabels Labels: Mabels Labels can make a great holiday gift! Visit www.campaigns.mabelslabels.com and search for Glen Haven PTA to place your order. Mabel’s Labels will donate a portion of your purchase to the PTA.
Are you cleaning out closets? Reminder that there’s a clothing donation bin at Glen Haven that benefits our school.
- Slow week!
A Look Ahead:
- 12/6 – PTA MEETING! We will learn about bullying and the PBIS system. Please join us at 6:30 for pizza, followed by our meeting at 7. Free babysitting will be available.
- 12/16 – 2nd Cup of Coffee/Merienda/PBOM
- 12/26 – Winter Break
- The County Board of Education approved amendments to our 6-year Capital Improvements Program. Learn more here.
- Downtown Silver Spring will be featuring performances by carolers and local student groups: Dec. 3 and 3 p.m. Evan and Ross; Dec. 10 1 p.m. Eastern Middle School, 2 p.m. Blair High School’s InToneNation, 3 p.m Loiderman Middle School; and Dec.17 1 p.m. School of Rock.
- Reminder that Brookside Garden’s Garden of Lights is open! Here is a link.