PTA MEETING TOMORROW! Want to know more about Common Core? Ms. Gibson will be providing insights into the Common Core curriculum. Free pizza and socializing from 6:30-7. Meeting will start at 7. Free babysitting will be provided by Alphabest.
Election Day bake sale! We need your help! We can’t have a bake sale without baked goods to sell. Please sign up to donate something 🙂 Here is the Sign Up Genius for the Election Day Bake Sale! We ask that bakers wrap each baked good individually in a plastic bag or saran wrap. You can drop off the morning or the bake sale or coordinate with Gayle (email@example.com or 703-489-1131) to drop off at my house. Not a baker? Neither am I! Donate $ and we can use it to buy premade cookies/candies. Or you can. (Shh… no one will know)
Mark your calendars! Our first dine-out fundraiser will be on November 15 at Chipolte (at the mall). Keep your eyes open for a flyer (which you will need to bring with you!)
Our Spirit Wear is in! Keep your eyes open for bags coming home with your children!
- 11/1 – PTA Meeting! Join us at 6:30 for pizza. Meeting runs from 7-8.
- 11/3 – International Night! Please sign up to bring in a dish or be a part of the fashion show!
A Look Ahead:
- 11/7 – No School
- 11/8 – No School/ BAKE SALE!
- 11/10 – Early Release/Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 11/11 – 2nd Cup of Coffee/Merienda/Principal’s Book of the Month Club/ Veteran’s Day/Early Release/Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 11/15 – Chipolte Dine out fundraiser!
- MCPS Superintendent Smith submitted the FY2018 Capital Budget and Amendments to the FY2017-2022 Capital Improvements Program. Here’s the press release.
- Not sure what to do with leftover candy? Donate it! This year, Glen Haven ES will be participating in the Mattie’s Miracle Annual Candy Drive. The candy helps to fill a free snack cart for families caring for a child with cancer or other life threatening illness at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, John’s Hopkins Children’s Center, Children’s National Medical Center, The Children’s Inn at NIH, The Hospital for Sick Children, and several local Ronald McDonald Houses in the area.! Collection boxes will be by the main office from Oct. 31 – Nov. 4.
- The County Council will be hosting a Town Hall meeting at Sligo Middle School on Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 7:30.