Election Day bake sale! Here’s the Sign Up Genius for the Election Day Bake Sale! Last year we made $1,000 for the PTA. Please sign up to help raise money for our school! We ask that bakers wrap each baked good individually in a plastic bag or saran wrap. Not a baker? It would be great to have you sign up to help sell (kids are welcome). We also always welcome cash donations
Mark your calendars! Our first dine-out fundraiser will be on November 15 at Chipolte (at the mall)
TONIGHT: Town Hall to discuss Bell Times starting at 7 p.m. at John F. Kennedy High School in Silver Spring. If you are interested in having your inputting heard about bell time in MCPS, please make time to attend this meeting.
We are looking for another parent to help out as a delegate to the county. Interested? What does the position do? You represent us at county-level (and potentially state-level) meetings. The meetings take place in the evenings. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10/21– Picture Day!
A Look Ahead:
- 10/24 Love Yourself”- Students wear red and/or wear hearts!
- 10/25 “Turn Your Back on Bad Choices”- Students wear their shirt backwards.
- 10/26- “Sock It to Bad Choices”- Students wear their crazy mismatched socks to school.
- 10/27 Your Choices Are the Key To Your Dreams.”- Students wear pajamas and sneakers.
- 10/28 Team Up Against Bad Choices!”- Students wear their favorite team shirt to school.
- 10/28- Fall Fest (2:00-3:30) – Students bring costumes to school for the parade. Check in with your room parent or teachers to help with the Fall Fest party!
- 11/1 – PTA Meeting! Join us at 6:30 for pizza. Meeting runs from 7-8.
- 11/3 – International Night! Please sign up to bring in a dish or be a part of the fashion show!
The county Board of Education will be applying for a waiver from the state Board of Education to start the school year before Labor Day. The school year would begin on Aug. 28 and end on June 14 if the waiver is approved.
Glen Haven parent Gina Ghertner will be leading a free nature walk in Spanish for families with young children (under 5) at Meadowside Nature Center on Oct. 20 from 10:30 through 11:30. Have questions? Email Gina at email@example.com.