WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK! Please click here to fill out our short (I promise!) survey and tell us what you would like to see the PTA doing. Please forward the link to your friends who might not be active in the PTA! Want to fill it out in Spanish? Head here.
Election Day bake sale! Here’s the Sign Up Genius for the Election Day Bake Sale! Last year we made $1,000 for the PTA. Please sign up to help raise money for our school!
- 10/10- Columbus Day- Open House for Parents/Guardians
- 10/12- NO SCHOOL!
- 10/14- 2nd Cup of Coffee/Merienda/PBOM. On the second or third Friday of the month, Dr. Ennis invites parents into the school to meet and then head into the classrooms to read to their child’s class (or another class that could use a reader). Dr. Ennis asks parents to arrive at 9:15 for a meet/greet and everyone will head to the classrooms at9:45 for a dance party. Interested in joining the fun? Contact Mrs. Jen Lucina at Jennifer_M_Lucina@mcpsmd.org
A Look Ahead:
- 10/21– Picture Day!
- 10/24 Love Yourself”- Students wear red and/or wear hearts!
- 10/25 “Turn Your Back on Bad Choices”- Students wear their shirt backwards.
- 10/26- “Sock It to Bad Choices”- Students wear their crazy mismatched socks to school.
- 10/27 Your Choices Are the Key To Your Dreams.”- Students wear pajamas and sneakers.
- 10/28 Team Up Against Bad Choices!”- Students wear their favorite team shirt to school.
- 10/28- Fall Fest (2:00-3:30) – Students bring costumes to school for the parade. Check in with your room parent or teachers to help with the Fall Fest party!
- 11/1 – PTA Meeting! Join us at 6:30 for pizza. Meeting runs from 7-8.
- 11/3 – International Night
- Wheaton Interim library branch will temporarily suspend services at 6 p.m. on October 21 and resume on November 17 at 9 a.m. to allow for use of the building for early voting.
- Do you have any overdue library books? From October 16 to Oct 30th, the MCPL will deduct $1 from your total for each food item donated through their “Food for Fines” program. The donations will go to the Manna Food Center.
- Metro is asking for public feedback on four proposed changes to Metrorail’s hours of operation. Have an opinion? Take an online survey in English or Spanish; Email written comments to email@example.com.; Provide in-person feedback to staff at various Metrorail stations or attend the Public Hearing/Open House (anytime between noon and 10:00 p.m.) on Thursday, October 20, 2016 at Metro Headquarters, 600 5th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. The deadline for participating is Oct. 25.