WOW! Congratulations Glen Haven ES and Thank you! Your clothing donations help the PTA raise more than $400!!!! Thank you to all who donated, Mrs. Fox and Mrs. Caruso who spearheaded and to our volunteers who help load the truck. Want to see what $400 in donations looks like? Head to Facebook! Be sure to share with your kids!
WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK! Please click here to fill out our short (I promise!) survey and tell us what you would like to see the PTA doing. Please forward the link to your friends who might not be active in the PTA! Want to fill it out in Spanish? Head here.
There is still time to sign up for an after school program – we need kids to sign up for Spanish and Basketball, and there is still room in other programs. Head here for more info. Learn more here!
Glen Have ES Beautification Day Next Saturday! Please join us NEXT SATURDAY (Sept. 24) to help clean up the grounds around our school. Kids who participate for at least 20 minutes get 25 EAGLE BUCKS! More info Below.
We need volunteers for the upcoming Scholastic Book Fair! Can you help? Sign up here!
Time is running out to buy a Glen Haven t-shirt! Kids and adult crew neck T-shirts are $10 and women’s v-necks are $15. Want more info, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 703-489-1131.
- Saturday – Glen Haven Beautification Day! 9-11 Please join us for our Fall Sweep the Creek Event. We will meet at the dead end of Windham Lane by the footbridge (behind Glen Have ES) and work our way back to Glen Haven Park and the School grounds. Gloves and trash bags will be provided. Students to participate for at least 20 minutes will be 25 EAGLE BUCKS! (rain or shine event)
A Look Ahead:
- 9/28 – 9/29 – It’s your child’s favorite time of year! The school book sale! You can check out a preview of the books here. Want to help out? Head here to sign up and volunteer. You can shop online from 9/22 through 10/6.
- 9/29- Fall Academic Night (6:00-8:00)
- 9/30- Early Release Day– Students Dismissed at 1:20 p.m.
- 10/3- NO SCHOOL!
- 10/4- PTA Meeting (6:30-7:00 Social, 7:00-8:00 Meeting)
- 10/10- Columbus Day- Open House for Parents/Guardians
- 10/12- NO SCHOOL!
- 10/14- 2nd Cup of Coffee/Merienda/PBOM On the second or third Friday of the month, Dr. Ennis invites parents into the school to meet and then head into the classrooms to read to their child’s class (or another class that could use a reader). Dr. Ennis asks parents to arrive at 9:15 for a meet/greet and everyone will head to the classrooms at 9:45 for a dance party. Interested in joining the fun? Contact Mrs. Jen Lucina at Jennifer_M_Lucina@mcpsmd.org
- 10/21– Picture Day!
- 10/24-Friday, 10/28- Red Ribbon Week. More info to follow!
- 10/27- International Night (6:30-8:30) Celebrate Glen Haven’s diversity at International Night! The school will be look for volunteers to bring in food and participate in the fashion show! Here’s a fun shot from last year’s International Night.
- 10/28- Fall Fest (2:00-3:30)
- MDOT and MCDOT will be holding a Public Meeting on Sept. 28 to provide info and get public comment on the evaluation of alternatives for Bus Rapid Transit service between Wheaton and Rockville. The meeting will be held from 6:30-8:30 in the MoCo Executive Office Building. Learn more here.
- Looking for some cheap books? The Aspen Hill Library is renovating and needs to sell its stock. The sale starts at 10 a.m. and runs through 4 p.m. at 4407 Aspen Hill Road.
- The County Board of Elections is looking for Election Workers for the 2016 Presidential General Election. Visit www.777vote.org for more info.