FIRST PTA MEETING! TOMORROW NIGHT! Tuesday, Sept. 13. Arrive at 6:30 for dinner and socializing. The meeting will start at 7. Come by to meet your PTA and learn more about our goals for the year! Free childcare will be provided by Alphabest. Thanks to Little Caesars Pizza for donating our dinner!
Good News – The Clothing Drive Deadline has been extended through Sept. 13! Clean out your closets and help support our school! The PTA, Ms. Caruso and Ms Fox are jointly hosting a fundraiser, collecting clothing and small household items for the Unique Thrift Store in Wheaton. Bring your stuff to the school by September 13 – drop off in Ms. Fox’s room. The Unique Thrift Store will then donate $ back to the PTA, based on the weight of the clothing and items donated!
We need help loading up the truck with our clothing donations! If you (or someone you know) will be home on Wednesday afternoon between 12 and 3, we would appreciate your help (and your MUSCLES!) Email me at email@example.com or text 703-489-1131.
ATTENTION CERTIFIKID FANS: Use Promo Code GHES at checkout for $5 off a purchase of $30, and the Glen Haven PTA will receive $5! Head to http://www.certifikid.com/ if you aren’t already signed up to get their deals.
Any Amazon Prime Members out there? (Or Amazon fans who aren’t Prime members?) Make your purchases through Amazon Smile and a percentage of your purchase will be donated to the PTA. Help the PTA without lifting a finger!
Is your child in Ms. Vactor, Ms. Bucknor or Ms. Robinson’s class? We’re still looking for Room Parents! (And don’t worry – if you planned on being a room parent but haven’t signed up yet, we’re happy to have co-room parents) http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4badae2aa1fe3-room/
- 9/12- NO SCHOOL!
- 9/13- Our First PTA Meeting!
- 9/14 – Clothing Drive Pick Up
- 9/16 – 2nd Cup of Coffee/Merienda/Principal’s Book of the Month Club: On the second Friday of the month, Dr. Ennis invites parents into the school to meet and then head into the classrooms to read to their child’s class (or another class that could use a reader). Dr. Ennis asks parents to arrive at 9:15 for a meet/greet and everyone will head to the classrooms at 9:45 for a dance party. Interested in joining the fun? Contact Mrs. Jen Lucina at Jennifer_M_Lucina@mcpsmd.org
A Look Ahead:
- 9/28 – 9/29 – It’s your child’s favorite time of year! The school book sale! You can check out a preview of the books here. Volunteer sign up coming soon!
- 9/29- Fall Academic Night (6:00-8:00)
- 9/30- Early Release Day- Students Dismissed at 1:20 p.m.
- 10/3- NO SCHOOL!
- 10/4- PTA Meeting (6:30-7:00 Social, 7:00-8:00 Meeting)
- County Department of Environmental Protection is conducting a survey to help them develop resources to help residents save energy and access clean energy. Here’s a short survey that they would like people to take by Sept 30th. Fill out the survey and you can win a sustainability kit! Take the survey now!
- Celebrate International PARK(ing) Day in Wheaton! The Wheaton Urban District, MCDEP, MCDOT and GreenWheaton will be transforming parking spaces on Reedie and Grandview on Sept. 16 (Friday). Stop by from 9:30 to 3:30 and enjoy a ‘mini’ County Fair. They’ll have free ice cream from 11-2 (or until it runs out). Click here for more info.
- Have you noticed that there’s Outdoor Seating at Veterans Park by Wheaton Metro? Join Councilmembers Leventhal & Navaro on Sept. 20 at 5:30 to enjoy the new seating. There will be FREE Ice cream!
- Interested in the MCPS Parent Academy? Fall 2016 Parent Academy registration now available.