It’s Time to Sign Up for After School Clubs! Scroll Down to Learn More!
- Monday: Basketball (K-5) 4-5pm, starting April 11 for 8 weeks ($78)
- Tuesday: Karate (2-5) 4-5 pm, staring April 12 for 8 weeks ($89)
- Wednesday: Audubon Club (K-2)-4-5, starting April 13 for 6 weeks ($80)
- Thursday: Karate (K-1) 4-5, starting April 14 for 8 weeks ($79); Soccer (2-5), starting April 14 for 8 weeks ($78)
- Friday: Soccer (K-1)starting April 15 for 8 weeks ($78)
- *Saturday*: New – Through a partnership with Impact Silver Spring, Avanti is offering an option for students who would like to play league soccer on Saturdays at Glenallen ES. $145 for weekday + Saturday; $90 for Saturdays only.
ATTENTION BAKERS! The PTA is planning on hosting our first Bake Sale on April 26 (the date of the MD primary), and we need YOUR HELP! We need volunteers to bake great treats for us to sell, and we need folks who can man the table (kids welcome/encouraged to join!) Head here to sign up to man our Bake Sale table (kids welcome to join!) or volunteer to bake! For those who volunteer to donate goodies, please place them in individual wrapping or baggies and please do not send in dishes that need to be returned. All goodies should be dropped off at the school lobby to Catherine Beaudette on the morning of April 25, or you can email/text Gayle Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-489-1131 to make alternate arrangements.
Are you collecting Box Tops? Do you know what a box top is? Glen Haven participates in Box Tops for Education – a program that provides the PTA with $ for each box top collected. It’s easy, buy a product that participates in the program (there are a lot -Ziploc bags; Kleenex tissues; Cheerios; Totinos pizza rolls) and remember to collect the box top before throwing out the packaging. You’ll know if a company participates because you’ll see a “Box Top$ for Education logo” on the packaging. Send your box tops collection into the school, and the school gets $. Pretty simple way to help out our students! Here is a form.
Good News! Our Labels for Education program was able to buy our school balls, jump ropes, recess equipment, hand buzzers for use in classroom interactions and 5 dozen sets of watercolor trays. Labels can still be submitted through August of this year, so please keep clipping them!
Have you been on our Facebook page recently? Check out pics from our last meeting where we learned about home safety from the Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad and see pics from the Principal’s Book of the Month Club!
April 14 – Spring Picture Day
A Look Ahead
April 22 – Wendy’s Night Out Fundraiser
April 23 – School Beautification Day! 9-11 a.m. Come out and help clean up our Community! We are partnering with our Audubon and the Friends of Sligo Creek, for their annual Spring Sweep the Creekevent to help keep our area beautiful. We will meet at Glen Haven Park at 9am and work our way back to the school. Gloves and trash bags will be provided. Let’s help pick up the area around our school and have fun celebrating Earth Day.
April 26 – NO SCHOOL. Primary Election Day
April 26 – The PTA’s FIRST Bake Sale! Help us out by volunteering to bake or man a table.
April 28 – International Night. 6:30-8:30. Contact Mrs. Willis at Rebecca.email@example.com if you would like to donate a dish for this fantastic event!
May 3 – PTA Information Session
May 2-6 – Staff Appreciation Week! Contact Catherine Beaudette at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to pitch in!
May 6 – Enjoy the Singing Eagles! They will be performing from 6-8.
May 18-19 – Book Fair!
* Kindergarten orientation is almost here! Do you have an incoming Kindergartener? Or know someone who does? Orientation will be held May 12 & 13 from 9:45-3:15. Please call the main office to set up an appointment 301-649-8051
* MCPS wants to hear from parents about school choice. They will be hosting three meetings: April 6 at Gaithersburg HS, April 18 at JFK HS and May 5 at Walter Johnson HS. 7-8:30. Learn more here.
* Save the Date – May 7 – for a walking tour of Wheaton from 10-1 titled “Envision Wheaton’s Future.” The tour will start in Wheaton Triangle.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS
Audubon Nature Club at Glen Haven Elementary
Grades K-2 Exploring Spring Habitats!
Wednesdays from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
April 13, 20, 27; May 4, 11, 18
Fee: $80 for 6 weeks
As winter turns to spring, animals wake up, return home, and build nests. And we can help them by protecting and preserving natural resources. Come and explore different animal habitats—from way up in the treetops to deep underground. Live animal presentations are included!
Flyers have been sent home to all K-2nd Grade families. If you have any questions, please call (301) 652-9188 x17 or contact Angela.Kramer@anshome.org.
To register, please fill out and return the registration form to:
Audubon Naturalist Society
8940 Jones Mill Road
Chevy Chase. MD 20815
Mondays 4-5pm, Grades K-5 in the gym
April 11-June 6, 8 weeks $78 ($9.75/class)
*No class May 30
Register at http://www.avantiathletics.com
New this session: separate classes for grades K-1 (still on Fridays) and 2-5 (on Thursdays). On the field behind the school.
Grades 2-5: April 14-June 2, 8 weeks $78 ($9.75/class)
Grades K-1: Fridays April 15-June 3, 8 weeks $78 (9.75/class)
Register at http://www.avantiathletics.com
Also new this session: Through a partnership with Impact Silver Spring, Avanti is offering an option for students who would like to play league soccer on Saturdays at Glenallen ES. $145 for weekday + Saturday; $90 for Saturdays only. Details at http://www.avantiathletics.com
Tuesdays (2-5) from 4-5 in the gym; $89 for 8 weeks
Thursdays (K-1) from 4-5 in the gym; $79 for 8 weeks
For more info, go to http://www.askmartialarts.org ; to sign up fill out the registration form found in your Wednesday folder.