Show your Glen Haven spirit! The PTA is selling Glen Haven Eagles T-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, hats and bags! We have clothes in kids and adult sizes! Check out our online store here: http://advancedspiritwear.com/glenhaven (TIP: Click on the square to the left of the quantity number to change the color of the t-shirt/sweatshirt/hat/bag, etc)
Mark your Calendars for Glen Haven Elementary’s 2016 STEAM Day Celebrating Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math – March 23 from 1:30-3:50. We need parent volunteers to help in the classroom. (You DO NOT need to be a scientist/tech whiz/engineer/artist/mathematician to volunteer. Volunteers assist teachers in the classrooms.) To sign up, contact Mary Elliot at firstname.lastname@example.org or by text 703-298-5674. Head here for more info.
Plan on attending our March 1 PTA Information Session! We’ll be discussing how to build our community and help our school with Guest Speaker Dana Sheets.
- Feb. 24 – Keep an eye out! 3rd Quarter interim reports will be sent home with students
- Feb. 26 – Early release!
A Look Ahead
- March 1 – PTA Information Session! Enjoy free pizza & socializing from 6:30-7. The meeting will run from 7-8. Our guest speaker will be Dana Sheets, and we will be discussing out to build our community and opportunities to help our school. Free child care will be provided.
- March 11 – Merienda. On the second Friday of the month, Dr. Ennis invites parents into the school to meet and then head into the classrooms to read to their child’s class (or another class that could use a reader). Dr. Ennis asks parents to arrive at 9:15 for a meet/greet and everyone will head to the classrooms at 9:48 for a dance party. Interested in joining the fun? Contact Mrs. Jen Lucina at Jennifer_M_Lucina@mcpsmd.org
- March 23 – Career Day/STEAM DAY – a Day Celebrating Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math!
- March 23 – Academic Night! 6-8 pm
Community Events/Other News
- The Wheaton Library and Bookstore will be closing (for good) on March 13 at 5 p.m. Head here for an update on the construction project.
- Big news for anyone who drives up and down Dennis Ave. The Dennis Avenue Health Center will be moving to its newly constructed building on March 5.
- Show of hands – who’s commute has been disrupted by potholes? If you are like me and drive up 16th St., you’re probably lucky to still have all four tires. If you are reporting potholes in MoCo, here’s the link. If you are reporting potholes in the District, here’s the link. (You can also call 311)
- DTSS is getting a bike lane that will run on Spring and Cedar Streets. Learn more here.