REMINDER: The PTA Information Session will be held Tuesday, Feb. 2.
A quick reminder to shovel your sidewalks within 24 hours of a snowstorm. (It’s the law!) Let’s work together to keep our children safe as they walk to school. If you have a neighbor who needs help shoveling their sidewalk, you can role model community service to your kids and bring them along to help out.
You can still sign up for Big Learning Foreign Language
Introductory Spanish (K-1), Tuesdays starting 2/9, 4-5 PM
Beginning Spanish (2-5), Thursdays starting 2/11, 4-5 PM
$154 for 12 weeks – a special lower Title I rate of just $12.83 per class
Sign up at http://www.biglearning.org/fles
Are you interested in helping out or donating items to the Chili Lunch for staff? Fill out this form to sign up.
* Feb. 2 PTA Information Session Free food/socializing from 6:30-7; meeting from 7-8. Free childcare will be provided.
A Look Ahead
* Feb. 12: Valentine’s Day class parties. Has your December holiday chocolate/candy run out? Good thing Valentine’s Day is around the corner! Please fill out the forms sent home before the storm!
* Feb. 12: Principal’s Book of the Month Club/Merienda. What’s this? On the second Friday of the month, Dr. Ennis invites parents into the school to meet and then head into the classrooms to read to their child’s class (or another class that could use a reader). Dr. Ennis asks parents to arrive at 9:15 for a meet/greet and everyone will head to the classrooms at 9:50. Interested? Contact Mrs. Jen Lucina at Jennifer_M_Lucina@mcpsmd.org
* Feb. 15. NO SCHOOL. President’s Day.
Community Events/Other News
* Because of the recent blizzard, the PARCC night for parents that was scheduled for TONIGHT has been cancelled. Instead, MCPS will present a webinar on Feb. 10 from 7-8. More info to come.
* Interact Story Theatre presents One Gold Coin – Una Modeda de oro! A bilingual play about a healer coming to a poor village with a mysterious gold coin. Check it out on Feb. 13 from 11-12:30 at the Wheaton Library.
* NOAA open house! Meet & talk to scientists, weather forecasters, hurricane hunters…. The FREE Open House runs from 9-4 on Saturday, Feb. 6. Head here for more info.