Do you have any old, dried out magic markers or highlighters in your house? Don’t just throw them away! Between Nov. 3 and 30, Glen Haven will be collecting markers as part of the Crayola Color Cycle program. There will be a box near the main office for the collection. This is a great way for students to be good citizens and explore eco-friendly practices.
Did you know shopping online at retailers such as Amazon, Apple Store, Gift Card Mall, Target, DisneyStore.com, and hundreds more, will earn up to 16% of every purchase you make for Glen Haven Elementary School? It’s Easy! All you have to do is click on the link below to access the eScrip Online Mall and shop as you normally would. That’s it! No card registration, coupons or special downloads required. http://groups.escrip.com/jsp/mall.jsp?ref=g}?id=137956095
Thursday, November 19 – Didn’t like your kid’s pic? Nov. 19 is Picture Make Up Day
A Look Ahead:
November 25 – Early release
November 26 – NO SCHOOL! Happy Thanksgiving
November 27 – NO SCHOOL!
Community Events/Other News
- In case you didn’t catch the news, the MoCo Board of Education voted to close schools on Eid al-Adha in 2016 (Sept. 12, 2016).
- The MoCo Board of Ed met last week and our cluster coordinator provided testimony outlining physical plant funding requests for our cluster, including Glen Haven. You can read her testimony here an send a note to of support to Board of Ed President Patricia O’Neill (Patricia_O’Neill@mcpsmd.org )
- Good-bye final exams. The MoCo Board of Education approved a policy to phase out two-hour semester final exams next year and replace them with centrally developed marking period assessments.
- Downtown Silver Spring will be hosting its Thanksgiving Parade on Nov. 21, starting at 10 a.m. What’s the can’t-miss item this year? You can take a selfie with a 10-foot tall turkey or an inflatable Elsa. Use the #MoCoThanksParade and your pic will be broadcast on the jumbotron at Ellsworth & Fenton
- MoCo’s Winter Rec Guide is out. Find it here.
- County Exec Ike Leggett will be hosting an online discussion on Nov. 17 from 1-2. Looks like you can submit questions ahead of time.
- Dave & Buster’s Update: the chain has signed a long-term lease at Ellsworth Place! The location should open mid-2016.